News For This Month: Heating
San Pedro HVAC Pros Air Conditioning Maintenance Tips
Implementing a preventive maintenance for your air conditioning unit can save you money not only from energy bills but also for the costly major repairs and early AC replacement. Your air conditioning unit needs preventive maintenance to ensure its maximum operating efficiency. Your HVAC system needs regular maintenance because it keeps your home highest level of comfort you and your family truly deserve. It can be very alarming if your air conditioner is not working properly because you rely on your AC that much. Allow us to help you determine if your AC needs attention from a repair expert such as San Pedro HVAC Pros by going through this simple maintenance checklist.
1. Always check the AC thermostat. The command center of your AC is the thermostat, setting the temperature and ensuring that your home always have an ideal temperature. When you are adjusting the thermostat, make sure that your AC responds, and if it does not do so, there is a problem with your AC needing the help of San Pedro HVAC Pros.
2. You need to have tight AC connections. Most issues with not turning on AC is a loose or disconnected electrical connection. If ever your AC is not turning on, check all your electrical connections. If it does not turn on, you have to contact an HVAC specialist to help you out.
3. You need to lubricate all moving parts of your AC. If the moving parts of your AC do not receive proper lubrication, they can result in tremendous wear and tear. When you are lubricating the moving parts, you have to shut down the entire unit completely. Thus, you avoid yourself from electrocution, and proper lubrication extends the lifespan of your AC and ensures maximum functionality.
4. It is important to also insect the condensation drain. You have checked the condensation drain for any debris that may clog your air conditioning unit causing a major damage.
5. Perform a deep cleaning of your air conditioner. Regular cleaning is one of the essential preventive maintenance tips. Dirt, and contaminants may cause build-up or accumulation which may interfere with your AC’s proper operation.
6. Don’t forget to inspect your air filters. It is crucial to have an unblocked airflow when inspecting filters.
The major AC issues are usually manifested by strange odors and noises, which require the expertise of an HVAC professional like San Pedro HVAC Pros. For more information about San Pedro HVAC Pros, feel free to check our homepage or website today. Help us help you take care of your AC now.